Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2
Yikes - this is like asking me if I like chocolate or cookie dough ice cream. They're both good; but good in their own, unique ways. Both games felt like huge, pivotal games to me which both hold a monolithic, large amount of sentimental value.

I'm gonna have to go with Super Mario World on this one - but it's partly because the nostalgia goggles are thick on this one. It's the first videogame I've ever played. But in all honesty and truth, I don't think another platformer I've played since has level design that can match it and with such variety, too. I've cleared and 100%'d the game about 4 times (*96) and it seriously never gets old. It took me about two years to beat the original and I needed some help with a Game Genie. Eventually, I went back and played it like I should have again twice.
I beat the GBA one once, but I don't think I 100%'d it - I'll have to take a look around for it the next time I go home. It didn't leave my GBA for a long time, I remember that much.

Mario 64 on the other hand I started playing when I was like, 12. Another good transitional part of my life. u_u;
But that's also another pivotal point because that's when I realized Oh Shit Platformers Don't Need To Move Sideways
Honestly though, the first time I played through it was a blast. Everything was new, awesome and was really impressive. It didn't really keep up its greatness over time for me...like, it took me three months to beat Mario 64 and defeat Bowser for the third time, and another two months to get all 120 stars.
When the DS version of the game came out for the DS as a launch title, nothing felt new, and I beat the game with all of its extra 30 stars and new characters in only 5 days. :/

EDIT: Seriously guys Very Sad even KOOPAUL likes Mario 64 better! What the HECK!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: recme

Messages In This Thread
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - by recme - 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Super Mario World vs Super Mario 64 - by Kosheh - 03-06-2015, 10:21 AM