Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Top Ten of the Week #8 - Does this battle make my butt look fat?
I could go out on a limb and just list ten NES Disney games developed by Capcom, but that'd be too easy.

Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time (PS1)
If I was using the old Playstation during Summer of 1999, I was either playing this, Parappa the Rapper, or one of the classic Crash or Spyro games.  Man I've sunk a ton of time into this one over the years.

Bugs Bunny and Taz: Time Busters (PS1)
This one is, in many ways, similar to Lost in Time (and developed by the same company, no less) in structure and gameplay.  The main draw, however, is its interesting character-switching mechanic; you control both Bugs and Taz at the same time, each with their own abilities, and will often have to switch between the two of them in-game to solve (sometimes actually pretty clever) Zelda-esque puzzles as they travel through various locations in time.  Though the variety pales a bit in comparison to that of its pseudo-predecessor (for example, only four time eras to play through instead of seven or so), it's still quite the game.  It's got some really darn fun co-op multiplayer, too.

Looney Tunes: Sheep Raider (PC)
A game starring two of the least-cared-about Looney Tunes characters ever: Ralph Wolf (the Wile E. Coyote lookalike) and Sam Sheepdog.  A solid puzzle platformer/stealth game hybrid; think Crash Bandicoot meets Metal Gear Solid or something.

I've also got something to say about all three of these games.  Not only is the gameplay sound, but the voice acting and aesthetics are also top-notch. They did a pretty bang-up job in capturing the spirit of the classic shorts pretty well, and there's loads of references to the old Looney Tunes filmography.  The humor ain't bad either. Then again, that may be just me overloading on nostalgia here, as I was a big Looney Tunes fan when I was six or so.

Mickey's Speedway USA (N64)
One of my favorite childhood racing games ever.  Think Mario Kart 64 or Diddy Kong Racing, but with more personality.

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (PC/Wii)
One of Telltale's finest point-and-click adventure games ever, and one of their most humorous.  The amount of references and in-jokes are enough to make your head spin.  I know I'm saying this since I was (and still am) a big Homestar Runner fan back in the day, but still.  Good game.

Quackshot starring Donald Duck (Sega Genesis)
Unfortunately one of the more overlooked Disney platformers out there.  I really liked how the game doesn't necessarily make you move from point A to point B; sometimes you'll have to backtrack and come back to earlier levels to find a new area or get a plot-significant item.  It made things feel more like a grand adventure.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom (PS2)
One of the best vidya-related things to carry the Spongebob Squarepants name, amplified only by the immense amount of work put into the voice acting, dialogue, aesthetics, and graphics; it really does feel like the actual show which this game is based on.  Of course, the gameplay is pretty solid, too, average difficulty and somewhat by-the-numbers Mario 64 collect-a-thon structure aside.

The Flintstones: Treasure of Sierra Madrock (SNES)
Taito's done lots of good work with video games based on Hanna-Barbera properties (mostly The Flintstones and The Jetsons) in the past, but this stands out as their magnum opus.  And yes, I did put the words "Hanna-Barbera" and "magnum opus" in the same sentence.

The bright and colorful graphics, as well as the incredibly catchy soundtrack, only sweeten the deal.  All in all, it's a pretty upbeat experience...  In fact, more upbeat than the actual show which this game is based on could ever be.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by MrYoshbert - 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Kriven - 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Goemar - 01-19-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Gwen - 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Koh - 02-01-2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Joxon - 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #4 - Licensed to Play - by MrYoshbert - 02-15-2015, 12:47 PM