Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Top Ten of the Week #8 - Does this battle make my butt look fat?
My favourite game of all time does have a license (OutRun 2006 with those Ferrari) as well as liking various racing games and even a couple of sports games (such as NBA Street Vol. 2) but if we are talking strictly a licenced game then...

GoldenEye 007 and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron on the N64 are my childhood favourites having some strong memories of both games with their gameplay styles and having plenty of content as well as a few cheats here and there. The soundtrack of GoldenEye to this day I still listen to it. Sadly both of these I haven't been able to play for years since modern TVs don't really like the N64 especially PAL units and emulators are just too poor to play them to the point where I don't think any are playable for Rogue Squadron.

Bugs Bunny Lost in Time is another of my childhood favourite licensed games and a very componentally made 3D platformer. I don't care if the game is easy; I really enjoy the stages, the music, the bosses, the graphic style and the various references towards the cartoons (the storyline I think is based off a short).

Another Star Wars game that is my favourite is the Sega arcade game Star Wars Trilogy Arcade [the 1998 one, not the earlier one that got ported to the 32X]. I really like how it is faithful towards the movies, the graphics at the time were really good and still think it has aged gracefully. At one point every time I went to Spain, I always played on this game and sadly never completed it. Rather like Rogue Squadron, I can't play on it but for a different reason and that is because it never left the arcade... It would have been good on the Wii.

Others that I've enjoyed are Simpsons Hit and Run, From Russia with Love and the double licensed Lego games even if they are buggy (Lego Star Wars 2, Lego Batman 2, Lego Marvel Super Heroes). Suppose Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine counts since it was licensed from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon rather than the Sonic games.

I have heard of some licensed games that are really good such as The Chronicles of Riddick, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Everything or Nothing but have yet to play them, same thing for Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage [one of the few anime/manga games that I have]. Shame that there wasn't a decent Blues Brothers game.

There are also a couple of double licensed games that I really like such as Wangan Midnight and Initial D Extreme Stage on the PS3 [cars are licensed and they are based of a manga] however the slight language barrier puts them down a bit (story of the former but menus are localised, menus of the latter but is an arcade game). Wangan Midnight feels like a mixture of a successor to the Tokyo Highway Challenge series and like a Japanese Midnight Club game while Initial D feels like a Sega arcade game which it is and some of my favourite games are old school Sega arcade racing games.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by MrYoshbert - 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Kriven - 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Goemar - 01-19-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Gwen - 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Koh - 02-01-2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Joxon - 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #4 - Licensed to Play - by Yawackhary - 02-09-2015, 06:40 AM