Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Top Ten of the Week #8 - Does this battle make my butt look fat?
[Image: 250px-595Joltik.png][Image: 600px-596Galvantula.png]
Bug: Joltik/Galvantula
I have a hard time picking a favorite between these two. Joltik is friggin' adorable, but Galvantula's design is pretty cool too. They're pretty dang useful too. This is probably one of my number one "I want one as a pet" pokemon, but that would probably be a disaster.

[Image: 250px-248Tyranitar.png]
Rock: Tyranitar
My favorite all-time real-life animal is most definitely the Tyrannosaurus. And to people who claim you "can't pick extinct animals" can go screw themselves. Anyways that pretty much sums up why I like this guy, although it's a bit lame that he's only a little over six feet tall. I know that technically the latest generation has an even more tyrannosaur-like Pokemon, but I dunno, I fell in love with this guy a long time ago and it's hard to just replace him like that.

[Image: Bianca_Litwick_Adventures.png]
Ghost: Litwick
There aren't really many ghost-type pokemon that appeal to me. Haunter is pretty cool I guess, and I do like the adorable design of Pumpkaboo, but I think Litwick squeaks ahead just slightly in the cuteness category. It's a pity that his evolutions are so lame looking in comparison, especially his final form.

[Image: 250px-148Dragonair.png]
Dragon: Dragonair
Never been much of a fan of Dragonite, but Dragonair is pretty cool. Most dragons seem to have a lot of shit heaped into their designs, but I've always been a fan of more simple designs, which is probably a pattern you might have noticed amongst my choices thus far.

[Image: 600px-197Umbreon.png]
Dark: Umbreon
Dark is a toughie because there are a lot of cool Dark types, which is understandable since it was a type that was invented pretty much to BE the "cool" type. Umbreon gets my top pick though, even though I'm aware he's not actually that good of a pokemon. He was one of my favorites way back in the second generation, though, and I used him a lot in Pokemon Stadium 2. I haven't had the chance to use him in any generations since then, but I'm currently playing HeartGold for the first time and will probably get one again just for nostalgia's sake. There's just something about his design that screams "loyal companion" to me.

[Image: 598Ferrothorn.png]
Steel: Ferrothorn
I like this guy mostly because he's the biggest dick in the Pokemon world. You can't touch him without taking damage, he further punishes you by dropping spikes on the field so you can't move without being punished, he has super high defense in addition to abilities that regenerate his health. He's not likely to kill you, but he sure loves to irritate the heck out of you while you're fighting him. What a douche.

[Image: 600px-303Mawile.png]
Fairy: Mawile
Mawile is a pokemon that kind of went under my radar for years. In most games I'd usually catch one and then leave it in my box without ever giving it a second thought. I wasn't even aware it was a Steel-type pokemon, I just kind of assumed it was either Normal or Ground, that's how little I was interested in looking into it. Then X/Y came out, and I of course wanted to try out the new Fairy type, preferably a dual-type, and Mawile seemed like an interesting choice. And it turns out it was a really good choice, because this gal is AWESOME. And very useful. And the design is actually pretty awesome, but I don't think I really comprehended what it was supposed to look like exactly in the past (that the giant mouth is actually its ponytail). It's quickly racing up the list as one of my all time favorite pokemon, but I'm not quite sure if she's in my top 10 yet.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by MrYoshbert - 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Kriven - 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Goemar - 01-19-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Gwen - 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Koh - 02-01-2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Joxon - 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Jermungandr - 02-03-2015, 09:49 PM