Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Top Ten of the Week #8 - Does this battle make my butt look fat?
(Numbered in order that I think of them not necessarily by preference because I can't be bothered choosing.)

#1: Squirts - Bastion
The youngest of the Windbags, even though they're quite small and not terribly strong individually (save for a couple of large ones), they can still be a challenge in numbers and stay prominent throughout the game. Green Squirts can also spawn from the ground and take you by surprise. It can be satisfying if you manage to take them out efficiently and swiftly though; there's even a training ground dedicated to eradicating a swarm as quick as possible! It's also possible to obtain your own summonable friendly Squirt to help with battles.

[Image: gallery_27_1707_img.jpg]

#2: Cat Guards - BattleBlock Theater
These are interesting because even though they're technically a single enemy, they can vary a lot. Some of them actively try to get at you, jumping around and hitting you; these are generally my least favourite, since they're hard to hit and I keep forgetting they can double jump. The other kinds generally stand still, and periodically do something; this can range from spewing out blocks of ice to sucking stuff towards them like a vacuum (these abilities each correspond to a weapon that the player can use as well). Some of them are helpful though, for example in one level you need to jump on the acid balls that one cat shoots to obtain a high-up gem. I personally think this is fairly well done, making enemies a part of the level itself, rather than simply a hindrance.

[Image: catguardingame.1393955361.jpg]

Uh... I can't think of any more right now to be honest, if I do later on then I'll edit this post.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by MrYoshbert - 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Kriven - 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Goemar - 01-19-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #2 - First Encounters - by puggsoy - 01-29-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Gwen - 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Koh - 02-01-2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Joxon - 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-03-2015, 03:42 PM