Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Top Ten of the Week #8 - Does this battle make my butt look fat?
Nice choice! I've been a fan of guys for as long as I've been a Kingdom Hearts fan. You know, it be a cool idea if there are Heartless that serve as your ally or even a race of them.

Anyway, the first memorable game encounter for me would be the Deku Babas in Ocarina of Time. I thought I was good to go to see the Great Deku Tree to sort out his problem, so I went down the path to see him. Suddenly, these snapping plants with blue heads sprouted out of the ground without warning and the music turned menacingly just as quickly. Sure, they were firmly rooted in the ground and did nothing more than twirl about, but the way they moved was very unsettling to the point that I always dreaded walking down the Deku Tree's road until I got much older (I was eight when I first actually played that game). In fact, I preferred the normal Deku Babas over those guys for the reason that their movement was much more natural (and the fact that they didn't respawn after defeat also helped).

EDIT: Oh, whoops! It slipped my mind that I have to think of nine other first encounters! I only saw Gwen's original post and just thought I only had to state at least one.

Okay, let's see if I could make a full list out of this. These are in no particular order.

1. Shadows of the Kingdom Hearts games for acquainting me with a race as intriguing as the Heartless and being overall adorable.

2. Deku Babas of Ocarina of Time for the reasons I explained earlier.

3. Octoroks of the Zelda games since I can always count on those little beasties showing up. I like the guys so much that there are playthroughs that I try not to kill them at all out of respect.

4. Goombas in the first two Paper Mario games for being a little tougher than your typical Goomba and providing practice for a fun battle system.

5. Pidgey in the Pokémon games for being a useful bird to me as I got older (it even helped me defeat the Kanto Elite Four). Plus, I like the way it looks.

6. Koopa Troopas in any game they lose their shells. Their undershirt design always looked appealing to me and I thought the concept was hilarious!

7. Creepers in Minecraft for being a worthy foe. When I was first blown up by one, I thought it was very hilarious! Still, I typically turn off mob griefing to give my OCD a rest and challenge these blighters to my heart's content without any real consequences (even though a Creeper has done me in more than once). Besides, at least they're not as bad as Skeletons, who need to literally drop dead for those arrows they have.

8. Dwarf Red Bulborbs in the Pikmin games for not only proving good practice for Olimar's melee attacks, but also for the Pikmin squish trick that amuses me to no end.

9. Gnawtys of Donkey Kong 64 for making me terrified to approach them. Sure, they're cute and not very strong, but the fact that they chase me and their laughing-like noise always freaks me out. Also, before anyone asks, I have a love/hate relationship with Beaver Bother. Yes, it's a difficult game, but I like the concept.

10. Topper, Bawl, and Colliwobble from Banjo-Kazooie. To this day, they always amuse me due to the way they look and how mostly passive they are (i.e. not chasing me around and making any scary noises). I wish I could see these guys again.

An honorable mention goes to the Beehives of the Banjo-Kazooie games. As I got older, I felt sorry for them, so I always left them alone. It always terrifies me when I see the ones with red eyes in Banjo-Tooie since I'm not used to those guys chasing me out of malice.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by MrYoshbert - 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Kriven - 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Goemar - 01-19-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #2 - First Encounters - by E-Man - 01-25-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Gwen - 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Koh - 02-01-2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Joxon - 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-03-2015, 03:42 PM