Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Miru's Interested in Modeling, guys
(12-30-2014, 03:27 PM)miru Wrote: Inspired by some of my heroes in the 3D modeling industry (Especially Nibroc and his Sonic World project), I've decided to join the world of freely available models of your favorite characters! I hate it when people keep their precious Sonic 3D models to themselves, so i'll share mine to the world. 

First up, here's my current project, a small one. It's a low-poly Blaze the Cat.

[Image: low_poly_blaze_wip_by_theautisticonenamedm-d8bvcgw.png]
I just have to work on fixing her paws and making a texture and rig for her. Then she'll be made available. 

I also plan on doing Freedom Planet models as well.

Right now this is ultra-low-poly. It's incredibly blocky and primitive, and your You can allow yourself a lot more flexibility in your model and still fit most low-poly standards. I do have one really big question, though, and it's one I get asked every time I show off a model: Where is your reference material?

In Blender you can really easily insert virtual reference planes onto the background, and I would strongly recommend finding a good reference picture for at least front and side views. This will let you ensure you have things well proportioned, and that you get a good resemblance to your reference. As Virt mentioned, the designs for Sonic characters are very smooth and flowing, with curves everywhere. At the very least, the joints should be made with 2-3 loops so you can better control how they bend. I'll be happy to provide some more feedback tomorrow.

Note: I know I'm new, but that doesn't mean I'm inexperienced. Been modeling for 10+ years, primarily studying character techniques. I'll Show yáll some of my modeling and texturing soon, one a day when I don't have day-work.
Thanked by: ~Axis~, Vipershark, Virt, Shade, recme

Messages In This Thread
Miru's Interested in Modeling, guys - by miru - 12-30-2014, 03:27 PM
RE: Miru's Interested in Modeling, guys - by Virt - 01-03-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Miru's Interested in Modeling, guys - by Kharon Alpua - 01-08-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: Miru's Interested in Modeling, guys - by miru - 01-27-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Miru's Interested in Modeling, guys - by miru - 01-28-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Miru's Interested in Modeling, guys - by Mors - 01-29-2015, 08:26 AM
RE: Miru's Interested in Modeling, guys - by Gors - 01-29-2015, 02:49 PM