Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jer's Showreel (New: KSS Mic, Copy, & Crash)
Parasol Ability
Parasol Ability

This one I think was the most time consuming one to do yet. Most abilities have some randomness to their VFX, so it was only necessary to include the parts that made up the effects. The Parasol ability, however, has some really specific VFX animations. The Hammer ability does too, but its were way less tedious.

Anyways, curious things about this ability. If you look in the box at the bottom of the sheet, you can see the stars that this ability utilizes in its VFX consist of four frames. All four frames of these stars are used properly during the "Parasol Dive" move. However, for some reason when you are performing the dash attack (Parasol Drill), the frames don't play in the correct order. Instead of going 1->2->3->4, it goes 1->2->3->2. This means if you slow it down, instead of looking like they're spinning, the stars instead look like they're rocking back and forth. Luckily this isn't really noticeable at full speed.

On a side note, I've also updated the Plasma, Fire, Ice, and Master sheets with some frames that I missed before. Not anything particularly noteworthy though.

Now I have a question for you guys. A while ago I was gonna do the Crash ability, but I ran into a bit of a paradox. When I pull the image used for the overlay effect through vSNES, it comes out looking like this:

[Image: 2u6prpx.png]

Now I don't know exactly how this works when its being used in the game, but the colors don't look right to me. The stars look way too dark compared to what is seen in-game, even with the partial transparency taken into consideration. So I'm not sure how to go about getting the correct colors? Should I just post it in the sheet as-is? I could use some advice here.

I'm also not sure what to do about the explosion bubble that the background overlays on, because it's not really sprites it's like a Mode effect or something. I'm not sure how that should be presented in a sheet or just left out.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by Mystie - 09-05-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by Ton - 09-05-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by G-Haven - 09-05-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by Ton - 09-06-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by eureka - 09-07-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by eureka - 09-07-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by Ton - 09-08-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: Jer's Showreel (New: Trax) - by Jermungandr - 09-04-2016, 11:27 PM
Jer's Showreel (New: KSS Cook, Hammer, Parasol) - by Jermungandr - 12-08-2016, 04:08 PM