Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jer's Showreel (New: KSS Mic, Copy, & Crash)
Cook Ability
Cook Ability
Hammer Ability
Hammer Ability

Doing these in the order requested, here is Cook and Hammer to start. I noticed a couple of interesting things when acquiring these sprites.

The first thing is that the gold pot used in the Cook ability is actually divided up into two separate sprites, as you can see on the very bottom of this sheet. For some reason when the pot is first falling into the scene, the bottom half of the pot is placed on a much higher layer than the top of the pot. It goes [Pot Bottom]->[Stove Top]->[Pot Top]. But for the rest of the animation it's a much more logical [Pot Top]->[Pot Bottom]->[Stove Top]. I don't know why it was necessary to do it this way. It's weird. I don't think making the entire pot one single object would have changed anything.

Then with Hammer, one interesting thing I noticed is that when you are doing the Hammer Swing (the spinning move Kirby does while dashing), when the spin begins to slow down it actually doubles the frames of animation to make it look a bit smoother. And it's not that they were going so fast you just couldn't see them all before, half the frames are straight up not there when he's spinning at full speed.

But what makes this even more interesting is that when the additional frames are added they are actually played in the WRONG ORDER. Look at the sheet I just posted here and scroll down to the "Hammer Swing (slowdown)" animation. If you are a careful observer, you might notice that frames 5, 6, and 7 appear to be out of order. The hammer should be extended at the maximum at frame 6, but instead it actually extends on 5 and 7 instead. This ends up making the animation look a little shakey when you view it slowed down. This is not a mistake on my part, this is actually how it plays out in the game.
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by Mystie - 09-05-2014, 12:39 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by Ton - 09-05-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by G-Haven - 09-05-2014, 06:32 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by Ton - 09-06-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by eureka - 09-07-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by eureka - 09-07-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (too much Kirby) - by Ton - 09-08-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: Jer's Showreel (New: Trax) - by Jermungandr - 09-04-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: Jer's Showreel (New: KSS Ice, Fire, & Plasma) - by Jermungandr - 12-04-2016, 01:16 PM