Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rebuilding Process Information Thread
This... May actually be of some particular use. There are several pages that aren't in the cache that we can't use our method of grabbing against. I'm not sure when these pages that aren't cached were made though; there aren't many, and we wouldn't need the image files. Only the HTML pages; and only a select few. Once we get to that stage, we'll give you a buzz!

Is there an email or IM client we can contact you on?

You the man, Palculator!

also, anyone not following me on Twitter; this is my day.
https://vine.co/v/h3ZHlYAujg2
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: psychospacecow
(01-08-2014, 04:25 AM)Dazz Wrote: This... May actually be of some particular use. There are several pages that aren't in the cache that we can't use our method of grabbing against. I'm not sure when these pages that aren't cached were made though; there aren't many, and we wouldn't need the image files. Only the HTML pages; and only a select few. Once we get to that stage, we'll give you a buzz!

Is there an email or IM client we can contact you on?

You the man, Palculator!

also, anyone not following me on Twitter; this is my day.
https://vine.co/v/h3ZHlYAujg2

I've sent a PM including the backup. If there's anything more, you can hit me up on the email I registered with.
Thanked by: Petie, psychospacecow
Awesome, thanks!
Thanked by:
2712 games reinserted into the database. 1,600~ to go!
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by: Ton, psychospacecow
Wow, that's really awesome. I love seeing the members excited to help out. Great job Dazz and Petie!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: psychospacecow
(01-08-2014, 10:29 AM)Ton Wrote: Wow, that's really awesome. I love seeing the members excited to help out. Great job Dazz and Petie!

And me! Ninja
And history books forgot about us and the bible didn't mention us
The bible didn't mention us, not even once

You are my sweetest downfall
I loved you first , I loved you first
Thanked by: psychospacecow, Ton
I do wish there was something I could do to help, this site is very dear to me. I am pretty awful at web coding and don't have much backed up myself, so I'm not sure what I'd be able to assist with personally. Regardless, it's wonderful to see that in case of such catastrophe there's backup plans to ensure nothing but time is lost. Glad to see that you're all progressing so quickly! Can't wait for the site to be rebuilt, keep up the amazing work guys!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanked by: Ton
Dazz, did you already fix RC-pro Am and the Game Boy one?
I found copies of the icons & sheets. could it help? Big Grin
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
We're back up to 55,385 sheets. We're now just trying to ensure that that is all of the sheets that should be on the site are on the site.

Sit tight, won't be long now.
Thanked by: Ton
(01-08-2014, 04:05 PM)tigerlily Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 10:29 AM)Ton Wrote: Wow, that's really awesome. I love seeing the members excited to help out. Great job Dazz and Petie!

And me! Ninja
I thought that was implied? Wink
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: tigerlily, puggsoy
MY BRAIN HAS THOROUGHLY TURNED INTO MUSH. EXPECT US. FUASD{AVVVVVVVVVVVERIOHNVAEPRV
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by: puggsoy, Ton, psychospacecow
We're done! The entire site has been successfully rebuilt and we're now live once again. We did our best to make sure that everything got put back where it was supposed to be but dealing with nearly 56,000 sheets means we're bound to have made some mistakes so please let us know if you spot any.

I'm told that the actual story behind what happened and how we fixed it would be of interest to many of you, especially those with a technical mindset, so I'll post that at some point tomorrow.

Thank you again for your patience and support throughout this ordeal. It truly means the world to all of us.
Wow I certainly missed a lot in 2 days.

GREAT JOB GUYS.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(01-08-2014, 11:59 PM)Petie Wrote: I'm told that the actual story behind what happened and how we fixed it would be of interest to many of you, especially those with a technical mindset, so I'll post that at some point tomorrow.

Please do. I wanna see how the DB was mangled, if only so I know what not to do with my own Ninja
Thanked by:
(01-09-2014, 04:50 PM)Phaze Wrote:
(01-08-2014, 11:59 PM)Petie Wrote: I'm told that the actual story behind what happened and how we fixed it would be of interest to many of you, especially those with a technical mindset, so I'll post that at some point tomorrow.

Please do. I wanna see how the DB was mangled, if only so I know what not to do with my own Ninja

Oh SNAP.

This situation came from a mix of problems. tSR has operated on several architectures. We recently moved from FreeBSD back to CentOS after a few years. When we moved over you may remember the new site went live immediately; that wasn't planned and the first time we knew there was an issue with the new site was when it went live. As a result some of the scripts I wrote which needed changed after server move got missed.
Thanked by: