Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
VGResource Pokédex Project: DESIGN
[Image: 18xA80g.png]

I combined my old design and Sch's for a new first evolution. I really like this one.
Its head is pretty much the same, except it doesn't have a leafy/feathery texture like it would with Sch's. The body area is a bush, and it stops about halfway and has a Kiwi-like pattern. On its back is a Kiwi flower stylized and overturned to somewhat be a cape/collar thing. I don't really like the idea of the flower being where the tail is, because I think the taillessness (???) is an important part of likeness to a Kiwi.
Its legs are the same color as the stem of its flower, and are stylized to have two toes instead of three so that it follows the same 2-prong motif it has on the head leaf.

I took a different approach to a second evolution. It is primarily based on a Cassowary (by the way I love the name Grassowary), and it now has wings. The head is fairly similar to the previous evolution's, except the eyes are slightly different. The bush body takes a different shape, covering the top half (and a little more down the bottom to emulate the tail), and at the front it lowers by a larger two-prong leaf similar to the one on its head. The 'collarbone' area is somewhat bare, and the leaves around it form a shape like a popped collar, while the back flower is raised up behind it. On its neck are berries/fruit (I didn't do Kiwi fruit because I thought the red looked better and it could maybe somehow work into a berry gimmick). It's symmetrical down the middle, so the three marks on its body are on the left and right side instead of the front and back like it was on the previous evolution.

C+C would be very helpful! I personally like this direction.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------

Messages In This Thread
VGResource Pokédex Project: DESIGN - by Koopaul - 11-30-2013, 03:57 AM
RE: VGResource Pokédex Project: DESIGN - by Gwen - 12-03-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: VGResource Pokédex Project: DESIGN - by Baegal - 12-08-2013, 12:05 AM