Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A Koopa's Tail: Under the Weather
[Image: boIrVMP.png]

Logos

Sprites

Mock-Ups
Our previous mockup needs to be reworked, but we can say that the screen size is now 400x300.

[Image: wdVJ8vS.png] if u think every vidgame should look like M&L style, put this in ur sig!!!
Code:
[url=http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=22381][img]http://i.imgur.com/wdVJ8vS.png[/img][/url]

Credits
Ridge Troopa: Story, Character Design, Mechanics, Sprites, Backgrounds
Starpower: Painted Character Artwork, Character Design, Concept Art, Sprites, Backgrounds
Shouty: Various Sprites
Phaze: Engine, additional help with Mechanics and Story
TheShyGuy: Animation GUI

Any Fan-Character Cameos not from official Mario titles belong to their respective owners and are used with permission.
Any music or sound effects we may use were recorded/composed by their respective creators.
Any visual assets, character designs, or plot scenarios used or otherwise referenced from official Mario titles are property of Nintendo & AlphaDream. (We love you guys!)

Speaking of love... Thanks to those of you who support this project. Seriously, we'd never be anywhere without your approval, criticism, and contributions.
Not crazy about the story and characters, but then again I'm extremely fussy about Mario fan-fiction and fan-characters. So don't feel too insulted.

As usual the sprite work is incredible. I always want fan games to have this level of quality. So this should be quite interesting.

Thanked by: Ridge Troopa
This looks awesome! Being a gigantic fan of the M&L RPG series I greatly support this. I even bothered to *gasp* put the support icon in my signature, which is the first time I've ever done so for any project Wink
The story looks pretty good, personally I don't really care about consistency in Mario games (let alone fan games) so that's not a problem for me. The characters are nice too, the range of abilities will surely be interesting.

As Koopaul said the actual sprites are fantastic, and I'm sure the rest of the game will be up to the same standards.

So yeah, good luck with this! I'll be checking out every update and whatnot, and although I know it's still a way off I seriously can't wait to play it!

*subscribes to thread*
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
I

love

that Bloopregard design

Seriously that's amazing stuff right there

Keepin' an eye on this
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
(01-25-2013, 03:28 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Not crazy about the story and characters, but then again I'm extremely fussy about Mario fan-fiction and fan-characters. So don't feel too insulted.

As usual the sprite work is incredible. I always want fan games to have this level of quality. So this should be quite interesting.

Fan-characters and story are usually a hit or miss, so it's cool. The main six playables are the emphasis, other fan-stuff is mostly cameos and side-roles. Tatanga's not a particularly interesting villain at first glance, but - and not to blow my own trumpet here - his, and others', personality and character traits are defined much more in this story making for some very interesting plot development. Given the rest of the cast and how they interact, I'm sure you'll find something you're fond of.

Thanks to everyone who's checking out the thread so far! I'd like to get some more spritework done in the next few days, but we'll see how that goes. For now, I have a question.

When I update the fiction version, should I / would you all be interested enough for me to post updates about that as well?
Thanked by:
PeebasLEEBASJEBUS

I just walked into a fancy art museum! one with lots of beautiful works of art! I mean- a Mario and Luigi fangame? that sounds absolutely exciting! of course I knew about it already but still I can't wait for more development and details! ^^
[Image: THENEWSIGNATURE.png]
Thanked by:
Your great work inspired me to look back at my own old Mario RPG game documents, notes and archives. (I was writing this thing for 5 years)

Part of me wants to share them with you for this game, and part of me can't stand the idea of seeing them used in another game than my own! I don't know what to say hahaha!

Thanked by: Miles07
Looking good ridge,
looks like phaze's going to have need to get cracking, if he doesn't fall behind. Tongue
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

(01-26-2013, 01:17 PM)Kami Wrote: Looking good ridge,
looks like phaze's going to have need to get cracking, if he doesn't fall behind. Tongue

Yeah, gotta make a sprite animation tool first, too '_;
Getting motivation lately is hard, but hopefully I'll get a proper start, soon.
Maybe it's just me,
and I could be wrong,

but this style really fits a small screen more than anything.

It looks like you'd have so much empty space for a pc game.

Is there no way you could actually create a higher resolution conversion for the style to keep it intact while utilizing the resolution a pc has?
[Image: FmY9K.jpg]

Thanked by: Baegal
(01-27-2013, 04:54 PM)Proton Wrote: Maybe it's just me,
and I could be wrong,

but this style really fits a small screen more than anything.

It looks like you'd have so much empty space for a pc game.

Is there no way you could actually create a higher resolution conversion for the style to keep it intact while utilizing the resolution a pc has?

I had this thought at first, actually. Ultimately though, I'm pretty satisfied with the current size of things. After I thought to change it, I went back and played as Mario/Luigi in overworld a bit; I was surprised how cramped it felt just walking around, and even more so as Bowser. From the mock-up I've got things might seem strange, but that's only because of the Battle mode orientation (may be moved up some), which is based on the DS screens and how I plan for a handful of enemies to attack.

Also, in the initial post, I explain that this project is a way for me to use all the work I've done so far in this style. Making everything bigger would defeat that purpose completely, and to be honest, I'd have trouble getting motivation to continue the project with that in mind.
Thanked by:
I fuckin love it! Where's alink! LINK! LINK!!
Thanked by:
(01-27-2013, 08:55 PM)Yamcha the Desert Bandit Wrote: I fuckin love it! Where's alink! LINK! LINK!!

There's no finished engine or even a demo yet. I have yet to work on the engine for this as I still need to finish a tool that will be used for making in-game animations for this game. Hopefully it won't take too long to get a demo once I start development on this engine Shy
Thanked by: Star, Ridge Troopa
I recently found Spriter 0. Its a 2d skeletal animation editor that you might want to take a look at. You'll still have to code an engine, but you won't have to go though the trouble of making an editor.

http://www.brashmonkey.com/
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:
So..got some news to share: as far as artwork goes.

Expect one of the first pieces of art sometime this week ; )
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]