Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(05-25-2014, 10:45 PM)Midi Wrote: Jetters mentions several times the project getting "finished". My question is, does it need to be finished? And what would actually constitute finishing it? I never saw any cap for how many characters could enter or anything. This could just be an ongoing project, a sort of perpetual fighting game, and if a programmer gets tired of working on it, they could pass it off to a volunteer. Not to mention, there's no one stopping anyone from making a Mugen version, which would allow users to code characters themselves and submit the whole thing, which the programmer would then need only tweak them so they're balanced. I've asked before about deadlines, and haven't heard of any being established. So what's the point in worrying about how many people are joining? Not all of them are gonna finish anyway, and in the end, it's up to the programmer and the project manager who gets in and who doesn't, since they're the ones with the actual source code to this game.

In my opinion at least, I'd say having an end in mind would be ideal.
There is as of this moment, no real character cap, and adding one would in no way deny any sort of updates that could include new characters, but having SOME sort of finalized product in mind is good because it allows people to know that there is an end at some point.
I know it doesn't have to TECHNICALLY be finished, and a good majority of the fun is simply in the creation, but it's been almost two years with little to show (from a programming standpoint) and I've seen far too many TVGR projects die.

There's nothing wrong with continuing to work on it, but I personally think it would be a little disappointing to do nothing with all of this awesome collaborative work. If we can get even a small roster (like 8-12) players and a good amount of assists in a simple run, I think it would not only be an awesome accomplishment as a community, but also great motivation to keep improving!

The project is about having fun and stimulating creativity in an art community, but it's a little discouraging to pour hours of work into something everybody just shrugs off in a few weeks, only to do the same thing with another project in a month or two.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Baegal - 05-25-2014, 11:44 PM