Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(05-25-2014, 06:28 AM)Iocus Wrote: While I can see why you would dislike his suggestion (the jiggling is a tad exaggerated), the fact is, your idle is too static. The feet and hands are completely immobile, the body's just rocking about a little. There's no vertical movement whatsoever! I'd suggest a more pendulum-like movement if you are really planning to stick with this one.

This, basically. A lot of the character's animations are really static, and the punches don't really make a lot of sense. For example,
[Image: tfrquirbyjumppunch1_by_quirbstheepic-d7jmmmr.gif]
The arms' animation should be the other way around. The motion blur is meant to show the force and speed behind the punch, not the arm that's swinging back not doing anything :/
As a result, some of the punches don't look like there's that much "oomph" behind them :/

There's a document on the first two pages of the topic written by Meta and Gors that may assist you a little better in drawing attack frames to make them a little more dynamic.

I'd suggest making one of Quirby's attacks a roundhouse kick. It'd give him a little more range and it might help you get a feel of the "dynamic" animation cycles used in the game.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Omnikariz, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Kosheh - 05-25-2014, 07:40 AM