Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(05-06-2014, 11:06 AM)Kosheh Wrote: ...
It's up to everyone else, but given the characters and size ratios, this sounds a little overpowered lol. This would work in an arena fighter like Power Stone, or a brawler fighter like Smash Bros, but in a sidescrolling fighter, this has a little too much utility, lol.
I can see the exploding nut as an escape/chase mechanic in like Smash Bros, but in this kind of game, you're being propelled higher to...do an additional aerial attack...? But in a game like SF, Snake (which this mechanic sounds like) would seem out of place and probably broken, as he'd encourage a dash-in, lay mine, dash-around until enemy trips it kind of mechanic.

I dunno Kosheh, characters who rely on traps is not exactly unheard of in 2-D fighters (Rachel Alucard and Mu-12 in Blazblue, Hisui in Melty Blood, Alice Margatroid in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and Mononobe no Futo in Hopeless Masquerade, just to name a few). I mean, just because it's a traditional-style fighter doesn't mean everyone has to be a shoto. In fact, since the cast is so varied and wacky, I'd imagine unique moves are to be expected. Of course, balancing these sorts of moves could be tricky, but I doubt it's impossible to make them fair with the right amount of delay and damage output.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Iocus - 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM