Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
Alright.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1sqbq...0s/TFR.zip

Like I said, it's not perfect, and the file size is pretty huge due to one uncompressed WAV file. The menu system is basically total banannas... from what I can gather, after you press one of the confirmation buttons, the cursor lets you select Story (the only mode you can fight CPUs, but by far the buggiest mode in terms of graphical scrolling for the background), and below that is VS, and below that is Team Battle, which probably won't work well because I didn't set up any team elements at this time.

In terms of controls, I recommend immediately changing them to something you're most comfortable with from the tab on the top, because the defaults can be kind of weird. When you open the game, pressing a button brings you to the screen with the selection cursor (Gamergirl), and hitting it again brings you to story mode. There are multiple slots for characters (that are all entirely invisible right now), but the top 3 are C2B, Bouncy Cat and Gilbert, the only three implemented characters right now.

In story mode I made it so that you can fight against all 3 characters as the character you choose, BUT the catch is that for some reason you don't switch battles until YOU lose all your health. The CPU doesn't die for some reason when they lose all their health, though, so they can help you with that.

Basic Controls:
The game has six mappable attack keys, but the only ones currently utilized are A for punches and B for kicks. There are also special moves, all of which use a Ryu Fireball motion, or Quarter Circle Forward or Back. C2b is the only one without special moves at the moment, and although the GOGNIO bar will appear, at this time there are no GOGNIO specials or finishers. Alternate basic attacks are achieved by pressing forward, back or down before attacking.

Current Special Move Controls:

Gilbert:
QC Forward Punch - Straight Bullet
QC Back Punch - Anti Air Bullet
QC Back Kick - Candle Head
A+B - Parry (Currently broken)

Bouncy Cat:
QC Forward Punch - Nyanken
QC Back Punch - Boxing Glove
QC Back Kick - Super Neko

Feel free to give feedback on certain elements. Even though I already know lots of it is currently broken, all feedback is valuable to the process of making this game appealing to as many of you as possible.
Thanked by: Lexou Duck

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by TomGuycott - 05-02-2014, 09:03 AM