Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(04-25-2014, 04:51 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: i think the shading is purely to distinguish foreground from background, so it's not a big issue there. i'm also fairly confident that nobody's made any asymmetrical characters so far, but even if someone does, i'm sure you could find a way to have the programming make exception for that character.

Yeah, but ideally most of the code would be shared between characters, with special exceptions made as needed. That's how this'll get done - only doing unique code for the exceptions, not for each character. The way I'm setting it up is that basically the sprite names are meaningful and sprites can be created by reference from concatenated strings.

Basically, the goal is to write ass little code as possible to be as efficient as possible.

I'm gonna go eat some food now and come back to do more work on this. I'd like to get as much of Ocks programmed in as possible ASAP. This project is two years old now, the ball needs to get rolling on the code side of things!

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by RabidPeep - 04-25-2014, 05:01 PM