Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(04-25-2014, 01:53 PM)Kosheh Wrote: torn if we have a premade fighter engine, then literally Johnny

A1) Everyman can work on his character solo, create the hitboxes and

A2)submit it to the project in like a github. then,

B) we'd just have another guy import it into the game and tweak the damage values.

C) i'd worry that having a centralized programmer for a fighting game is kinda cool, but it's a lot of work for one person

You guys (not just Kosheh) need to leave the technical stuffs mostly to programmers.

Movesets don't need to be hardcoded, they're just data. They can be, but don't need to. That means, using a game engine built from the ground up can support A1 just like that premade engine you brought up. A2 and Bbecomes redundant now since, if a moveset is just data, it can be added to the game without having to rebuild the program -anyone and everyone can make their own moveset without even needing to go through the programmer. There is no middle man.

C doesn't sound all that bad anymore since the core programmer only handles the core engine. The content (movesets, levels, etc) is all data, which the community can pitch in at any time.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by TheShyGuy - 04-25-2014, 03:28 PM