Users browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
I have the HTML5 module for Game Maker Studio as well as as the standard professional version. So EXE files and stuff for browsers for the other platforms.

As for how to make it easier for non-programmers, I could create first an API for people to test/build their characters in and generate ZIP files to be added. Sort of like a demo environment for debugging purposes. Allowing for tweaking of values and other things, think of it like the sandbag training mode in the Smash Bros games, except you can tweak the numbers too for different attacks.

The controls and behavior don't really seem that complicated to me. Then again, I've programmed some ferociously hard stuff like heuristic learning software for vision-based packing problem environments, which is a mathematically 'hard' problem due to being technically solvable in polynomial time, but not realistically possible in linear time. That's a fancy way of saying a program can be written to perfectly solve every case, but an individual case could realistically take until the Pyramids erode to dust. To get around that I built/taught a program to learn to solve those problems like a person - it looks at it, does a few dorky bumps and grinds to get a feel for the 'shape' of an item, then compares it to other objects it knows on a proximity basis, then uses what it already knew or found out to nest the parts tighter and more efficiently onto the program so that it can be transposed to GCode for laser cutting machines to efficiently use sheet metal. All within minutes instead of possible years. Yeah it messes up, but as you teach it more parts, it screws up less and less often.

By comparison, a fighter like this is... more of an amusing challenge than actually being too hard. I said I was a professional, and if anyone can understand - I hope that i was clear enough - what I said in the last paragraph, you'll be impressed and know I'm not blowing smoke out my ass here.

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by RabidPeep - 04-25-2014, 02:05 PM