Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
I guess you guys do need a programmer. And some structure.

I'm a professional programmer, made a half dozen game jam games, two full years of projects courses as team leader for college level design, and I've been programming for the better part of two decades.

Shit, I knew Game Maker when it was still called Animo. I've made games in bunches of languages, and looking at this project... While Game Maker isn't perfect, it is something that people can easily learn and to organize the resources. Particularly if there are few programmers, it might be ideal for branch development of the expected caliber.

I dunno what I'm trying to say and don't want to step on any toes, but I could do it. I've wanted to build a fighter before but graphics were always so numerous that I never had the resources to do so. Seems like a perfect solution to me. I'd use Game Maker and comment my coding explicitly that way if I ever had to step down (like Robo wants to) it'd be easy enough to get the important stuff to the next guy who comes along.

If this sounds appealing, I could whip up a demo of the mechanics relatively simply.

The other thing is establishing a solid design document. I'll read through the thread beginning to end to get a solid idea of where you're at so I'm certain that I could do what you guys want. But from the last ten pages or so, it doesn't seem beyond my ability. But I'll read and confirm while waiting for a reply.

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by RabidPeep - 04-25-2014, 01:41 PM