Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
* Kosheh throws a fish on the table

was robo9 coding this game from the ground up?

we could use an existing fighter engine, too, like 2D fighter maker 2nd. since this is our site's little baby, i'm sure no one will complain, but furthermore if it turns out half-decent the fact we're using this engine could garner the game additional attention.
Official site, sure there's an English translation floating around

sure, it's a 13 year old engine okay yeah but it's same one used by tomoaki sugeno to make vanguard princess.
you know, that anime waifu punch fight game that popped up on steam last month after being greenlit
(yes, i know, it was previously freeware blah blah)
[Image: uAjdTFq.jpg]
(look! it even has assist characters too!)

and there's uh, a few other games running the engine i won't mention
and many japanese dojinshi circles have been using it for years (up to this day, even) to make games in it.

and its max resolution is pretty small - which, considering the format we're using (the tiniest sprites ever) that actually could be an advantage for us.

and like, if robo9 has like hitbox data and shit we could more or less just carry that data over to whatever we work on the game in.

idk, just tryin to get the wheels turnin' again on this project Heart

that all said, i was really thinkin about making an assist character last night as it finally just popped into my head (yes, 5 years later) and it kinda stinks to hear the news today. )=
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Kosheh - 04-25-2014, 10:10 AM