Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(04-02-2014, 09:03 PM)E-Man Wrote: As for the stance, it was actually meant to be part of his idle animation, which is why he is standing there. Basically, part of my process for spiriting is to start out with the most generic pose possible to work it out and refine it into a much better sprite before I went ahead and add more dynamic poses.

As a result, it becomes more difficult for me to create new poses from how the sprite is currently posed.

Building on what Iocus said about dynamism, what kind of attacks do you think the current pose you were aiming for opens you up to? Does it require an entirely different pose for build up? This is a fighting game so wouldn't it make more sense for idle stances to be more "ready"? From a good idle stance, you can build the other more dynamic poses easily. The idle stance is the pose you build off of, which you said and know. But a generic idle isn't good enough. This way, you can also add a little more personality so it's easier to understand what your character might do.

(04-03-2014, 10:15 AM)Iocus Wrote: I hope we're not drifting the topic too much...

No, I'm pretty sure we're fine. This is basically the topic to discuss and work on TFR. Getting feedback on TFR characters in the TFR thread seems pretty much on topic.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by: Iocus

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by TheShyGuy - 04-03-2014, 02:04 PM