Users browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
Ok this was really rushed, so I might have missed a lot of details and such
And I feel some remorse because I don't want to steal your thunder or anything
and it really didn't come out that great

But I made something:
[Image: 6Cg0Pdn.png]

Sorry E-man, but I kinda had to do something from scratch to illustrate the problems in your sprite.

To be honest, I considered working something off it, but... the stance is not very well defined. It's kind of hard what he's supposed to be doing other than, well, standing.

Furthermore, you are forgetting one of the established rules for the style (which are on the first page), and that is, the outlines are almost exclusively black (check everyone else's sprites, do you see any exceptions?)

About the stance, it doesn't seem like you have any forethought on what you're aiming for. In fact, the fact that you didn't acknowledge the outline rule makes me think you didn't use any other sprite as reference. This is a problem.

Now, I chose a pose that I thought would fit you (you could use it for the entrance or something I dunno), and drew at least a simple skeleton prior to getting into the sprite. I think you should consider doing something of this sort in the future. It doesn't kill you to have pose references around, and anatomy references, all the sorts of references you think you might need.

(also his face came out girlier than I expected, sorry about that.)

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Iocus - 04-02-2014, 08:50 PM