Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
Right then! Here is the first version of my sprite for the game!

[Image: FightE-Manexp_zps310faa6f.png?t=1396485358]

Believe me, though, it is rather hard to sprite in a certain style with a ridged palette. Also, I was reminded why I don't like spriting with outlines.

Obviously, I'm sure there are several errors here and there, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me refine the sprite to something a little more awesome for the game. Otherwise, I'll see about planning some animations for him.

Anyway, for the case of the E-Man summon, I would like him to be part of a group of assists that are randomly called to the field when a certain action is done (whether it be an item pickup that summons characters or when an event is reached is what I can't decide on). His special ability is using Star Rod magic to cause a random event to happen to the fighters. It can range from providing health and attack boosts to causing direct damage and (rarely) instant KOs. Sometimes, though, using E-Man would backfire and nothing would happen at all… I'm not sure if this kind of asset has been done for the game yet, but what do yo think?

Also, maybe it would be possible if we could apply an amenity system to the game to shake things up? For example, characters (whether they be fighters or assists) who share good amenity work very great together and provide additional benefits (although they probably won't put up much of a fight if pitted against each other). As for characters who share poor amenity, they are often prone to not work so great together (even going as far as doing a little "friendly fire") and damage is boosted if they are fighting against each other.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by E-Man - 04-02-2014, 07:52 PM