Users browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
alright! now that that's taken care of, let me toss you come crits.

[Image: 7I3dPpf.png]

i made some pretty big edits to your sprite. the big issue with it as-was was the shading. the style set up for the fighters resource is very simple in terms of shading and detail; the focus is on shape, using shading to bring less attention to illustrate what sticks out and what doesn't. this is usually done with just two tones for easy contrast.

beyond that, you used a lot of unnecessary antialiasing. the sprites for this game do make use of antialiasing, but it's pretty sparing and is only meant to make lines smoother when they can't be smooth without it. you also had some colored outlining going on, whereas the sprites are supposed to have full near-black outlines around their entirety.

i didn't mess much with the actual shapes and lines of your sprite except for your hands and cape straps. it's cool to have massive hands, but they didn't look properly connected to the arms, and making them smaller helps make them look less like they're someone else's hands stuck on haphazardly. the straps i made stand out more for readability's sake.

you don't have to use this edit directly, but take some ideas from it. tweak your sprite how you see fit, but make sure to stay within the lines of the style; large details, maximum readability. i hope this helps!
Thanked by: Iceman404, Tellis, Zadaben, E-Man

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Crappy Blue Luigi - 03-29-2014, 11:14 PM