Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(01-01-2013, 10:39 AM)Previous Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 10:53 PM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: Only problem is people could make their character too good.
Of course the official inserts would be balanced and what people do when they tamper with their local files... Well, I'm someone who'd let cheaters cheat. Except in multiplayer when the other players don't want it.
Obviously, the online mode should take care of checking the integrity of figthers and stats by comparing hash values from both player's files for example.

you wouldn't really need to check the integrity of files, when multi-player is implemented accepted characters could be hard-coded, as well as an option for the host to allow or disallow custom characters.
I doubt there will be matchmaking in this project so people fighting each other will know each other (to some degree) in order to get their IP addresses to connect.
so cheating shouldn't be too much of a problem anyway, at least not until the project picks up enough popularity to demand such features as matchmaking / random battles.
Thanked by: Ploaj

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Bombshell93 - 01-01-2013, 08:59 PM