Users browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
if you like I could help port it into XNA, theres very little faffing about and I've already made my own asset manager, object handling and saving. (the asset manager handling sounds and textures without the xna content processor)
I think I could get the memory consumption below 15000K and the CPU usage below 6% (on my machine its showing 35000K memory and 22% cpu, these are issues with game maker)
I could add player and map text formats, pointing to the textures so people could make and test their characters while they make the sheet / map and I'm in the process of making a physics engine for my other games, I could use its collision detection to allow for unique hit boxes to moves (I recall Game maker being quite linear in collision detection, things may have changed since GM6.1 though)

Also I've given my go at java and I'd say its one of the better languages to write a game in, the only problem is limitations of the language, such as no overloading methods (which means you need to use ugly syntax such as Vector2.Add(otherVector2.Sub(otherotherVector2)); )

EDIT: its also worth mentioning I've streamlined my engine on a handy components system, I could whip up a component with gamemaker kind of pacing, most of the code should transfer cleanly into it (given some fixing for language differences)
EDIT EDIT: random note, but with XNA alternate colour schemes would be simple and fast, on loading the level P2 gets a copied instance of the texture, get the texture data, for loop through the colours, if colour is a changeable colour, change it, then pass the data back into the texture, there are now 2 different coloured versions of the same character, no time consuming shaders or fidgity texture importing.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Bombshell93 - 12-24-2012, 11:52 AM