Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
This is really cool for a super alpha kinda thing! I can't wait to see this thing grow.

Um, beyond what others have said:

-I'd say ditch the stats on the character select screen. Even though we can look up the stats in these threads, most fighters tend to have simply the character themselves and let players discover characters strengths and weaknesses themselves. Adds depth, I think.

-If you jump backwards with Gilbert and hold the buttons, sometimes his animation will reset and flash instead of playing the whole animation through the jump. Might happen with the others but it doesn't happen as often if it does.

-Some of the animations are off a bit. For example, Gilbert's feet warp backwards when he uses the hammerhead attack because they're all centered at the same point when his frame should move forward with the attack (which also gives it more range, so keep that in mind)

-Vipershark pulled an infinite combo on me, so there's that. Those are bad.

-The I in the font is one pixel too wide? It's a fat I. (though maybe that's on Gors' end??) That's just nitpicky though.

-Maybe for future releases, for testing purposes, give us a way to easily get back to the character select screen instead of having to close the program and reload it. With multiple characters it's kind of a must have for trying things out quickly.

-Better sound effects (or none, for now?) The default ones in there now are kinda grating...

-This one's much less pertinent but most fighting games have you jumping over and over again by holding up, instead of having to press it for each jump.

Hope that helps some!
Thanked by: Virt, Shade, Zadaben, Baegal, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Tellis - 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM