Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
[Image: TCpgv.png]

Gaia I'm sorry to say but this is all I can see every time I look at your design

Seriously, lose the bulbous arms and legs. They will never not be associated with Mega Man. The shoulder pads, the chest plate thing, arms and legs in body suit...They're Mega Man. They just are. It's distracting.

If you're so stuck on Mega Man, copy what other people do. No, I don't mean copy them then use that as your final thing. I mean, copy it on paper a few times (exactly as you see it) to see other approaches to the robot issue. Then adapt what you learn from many different sources instead of adapting what you learned from one source.

This isn't so jarring on say, CBL (forgive me for making you a poster child again) because he's definitely not claiming to have made something original and his other designs show that he's not stuck in some Mario style or something. But all of your stuff looks like Mega Man, and it doesn't seem intentional.

I've copied and examined all sorts of styles over the years, video games, western comics, western cartoons, anime, real life, whatever. That doesn't make you unoriginal, because in the longrun you'll have added all of what you learned to your "arsenal" of techniques and then you can adapt them into something more original at will. Mega Man is just too iconic to not immediately be able to see its influence when it's this deep. Unless Gaia is supposed to be a Mega Man fancharacter (and probably even if, because MM designs are at least a little more varied), then you need to learn something new.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by StarSock64 - 10-27-2012, 12:21 AM