Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(10-26-2012, 04:59 AM)Mighty Switch Gors Wrote: I'll say that the new Gaia sprite looks better in size, but it looks unbalanced. Flip the sprite to check its balance.

That's the one thing I forgot to check. Dangit.

(10-26-2012, 10:07 AM)Mighty Jetaku Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 12:12 AM)Gaia Wrote: [Image: 34rd79z.png]

IMO his feet look a bit too shaded still -- I think you could get rid of that darkest shade and it would look good and more in-style.
I also have slight readability issues with his back arm being right against his torso but that might be just me since no one else has brought it up yet.

Those problems could be the easiest to work with, considering that the real problem I'm trying to correct all this time is the mass of the character. Origionally, the torso looked too massive compared to the rest of the sprite, then the feet, and so forth.. Which brings us to our next issue meta points out is..

(10-26-2012, 02:13 PM)Cobalt Blue Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 12:12 AM)Gaia Wrote: Artists tend to evolve over time bro, and this:

[Image: 34rd79z.png]

From left to right, this is going from the oldest to the most recent version. I always out that my rep's irregular proportions (even for this cartoony style) stook out like a sore thumb and I wanted to fix it.

your evolution makes it look like a megaman x edit now, bro. there is no "evolution" on this since you basically made yourself taller and a tad more detailed. you didn't even changed the head.

Considering you have like, at least redesigned your character more times than sheets you have finished(or that anyone else in the entire project), i'd doubt this is your last version.

Here. How to make Gaia look suitable for the game, without making him look like a fraggin' X edit and worrying about other entrant's tastes at the same time. I looked at other robos from before, but I haven't really seem to figure out what route I should take. Last time I tried to tackle with this issue is that I tried combining Gainax's stylized mecha designs with the simplicity of Yoshiyuki Tomino's designs (which such a task would be downright impossible without the right sources). So far the head turned out good, but the real problem is the body itself.. But the thing is, some people seem to like this design more. What do I have to do, dress in magical girl grab and do the hula?

(10-26-2012, 06:06 PM)HandToeKnee Wrote: My only concern is the detail in your sprite. It's only ONE frame. Imagine how long it will take you to sprite all the animations.

I can't wait to see it animated by the way... Once you finalize the look Tongue

I can reduce the detail to near zero, making it easier to animate and I won't have to resort to laziness by using parts for animation. I fixed some of the key issues, but I'll have to check for more areas that seem a bit too overdetailed and cramped to correct. Size is no nonger an issue, the next problem I have to solve is readability.

[Image: maintanance.png?dl=1]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gaia - 10-26-2012, 08:42 PM