Users browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(10-21-2012, 03:12 PM)Zabadabenabadaba Wrote: Oh I see, I was going to do that to an extent, but I wouldn't want my characters to be too polarized, because the switch time would allow my opponent to constantly switch to be paper to my rock and such, and then it would be easy to beat my character.

I figured that could be countered at higher levels of play via psychology. If you made the opponent think you were switching to something, but actually switched to something else, you could catch them off guard. IE if you were getting pounded by your opponent, he'd expect you to switch to a defensive moveset, but if you switched to an offensive one or something he might run right into a trap. Assuming that it doesn't show who you're switching to before it happens.

It would also help if you could do a feign, making it show the switch animation but not actually changing characters.

That way, it would really be like rock paper scissors, in that your opponent has to question if you're doing the obvious or if you're leading them into a trap.
Thanked by: Baegal, Zadaben

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Keiang - 10-21-2012, 03:21 PM