Users browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(09-21-2012, 08:23 PM)Shouty Wrote: The blur is necessary because he's flexing and moving his legs forward at the same time, which is what propels him from the bent position of his legs, and moves him forward. It's two quick motions at once you wouldn't be able to distinguish them with your naked eye. I thought the legs were bent enough on the second frame, but since you didn't notice, they're not. So I just bent them on the idle pose, and I think it looks better, along with increasing the height off the ground in the frame in which he's in the air.

[Image: wr3Gn.gif]
no.

adding to the "no": you dont even know how blur works(check the tutorial on the first page please), because you completely missed a fundamental point on wich the whole concept of blur is built upon. in this case, he's just kicking foward with both legs in a rather unnatural way to kick(asuming the character lacks any kind of proper humanoid muscular-skeleton system) and even on this case, he'd just trip and fall on its back.

AND EVEN if he did moved hopping like that, you need to make the legs go back to the idle stance as fast as posible, so he needs another blur sequence to properly render this "fast" moment(take baegal's running animation as an example). as it is, i could work for a long jump, but even then, again, it simply doesnt work/it looks bad/its completely unnatural/its rather weird.
(09-21-2012, 08:23 PM)Shouty Wrote: Speaking of naked…

Since they're readable as at least two small protrusions from his crotch, and they're part of the character design, I don't see why I should get rid of them. Whether they're sexualized, be it even subconsciously, or not, is not my intension.
Quote:(...)they're water bladders, kind of like a camel's hump(s) (except those store fat), and their position is for ironic purposes since he's of a species that reproduces asexually.
meta Wrote:for ilustration purposes that shouldn't be an issue, since you'd give it a context, but in a sprite of this size it just looks plain weird.
its a bad desing choice. it is a weird feature on the original character desing, but it just looks extremely ackward on the sprite. id i was you(in a sense of what i'd do to fix this) is to either remove it or simply not animate it, to keep it as subtle as posible. you CANT blame the viewer for thinking your character has two flopping dicks when you are the one who decided to put two flopping straws of something on his crotch.

(09-21-2012, 01:41 AM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [Image: WMoCP.gif][Image: hibf5.gif]
Walking and ducking. Might make a 6-frame walk later, but I wanted to at least make a 4-frame depending on what the finished game calls for.
that walk aint really bad as it is, but it will probably require more frames.

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Cobalt Blue - 09-22-2012, 06:08 AM