Users browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(09-21-2012, 12:58 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Not to mention most, if not all, birds have inverted knees. Unless the character's knees are double-jointed, there's no way he could 'hop like a little bird'.

Indeed. I meant to say how little birds hop instead of individually moving their legs. Larger birds wouldn't. I just wanted to make something that looks silly and unique.

(09-21-2012, 01:03 PM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: He could hop like a little bird in the backwards direction though.
And hop backwards like a little bird in the forwards direction.

It would likely look very very odd, but it might work for an odd character.

In order to do this, he would have to be leaning back all the time, with his feet ready to catch him from behind after each leap. Even the smallest birds probably wouldn't "hop backwards" and would properly move their legs to a more orthodox backwards gait. While I appreciate the creative input, I don't think it'd fit in the style of a fighting game, in which you want to constantly be facing your opponent when moving towards them.

(09-21-2012, 07:41 AM)Meta Wrote: the blur on the hopping is unnecesary. basically because there is no way on earth you could hop around like that in a natural way. in order to hop around you bend you knees and the propel yourself foward, using the recoil to gain momentum. in your case,'s just flapping its arms and flexing his legs in midair.

even if you wanted to mimic a bird's movement, you'd still need to do the same thing.

also again on the subject of it having two dicks, it basically draw way too much attention from the character. for ilustration purposes that shouldn't be an issue, since you'd give it a context, but in a sprite of thsi size it just looks plain weird.

The blur is necessary because he's flexing and moving his legs forward at the same time, which is what propels him from the bent position of his legs, and moves him forward. It's two quick motions at once you wouldn't be able to distinguish them with your naked eye. I thought the legs were bent enough on the second frame, but since you didn't notice, they're not. So I just bent them on the idle pose, and I think it looks better, along with increasing the height off the ground in the frame in which he's in the air.

[Image: wr3Gn.gif]

Speaking of naked…

Since they're readable as at least two small protrusions from his crotch, and they're part of the character design, I don't see why I should get rid of them. Whether they're sexualized, be it even subconsciously, or not, is not my intension.

(09-21-2012, 01:41 AM)Ridge Troopa Wrote: [Image: WMoCP.gif][Image: hibf5.gif]

Walking and ducking. Might make a 6-frame walk later, but I wanted to at least make a 4-frame depending on what the finished game calls for.

If you don't want it to look like the same foot is coming down twice, then a 6-frame walk cycle wouldn't be a bad idea. But, as you've told me personally, it seems to be that way for other 4-frame walk cycles. The ducking is good and smooth.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Shouty - 09-21-2012, 08:23 PM