Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
(09-13-2012, 12:37 AM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: ridge, you've got much too much anti-aliasing in your sprite for this style; this is what people are seeing as over-detailed. it looks too smooth compared to gors' tFR sprites.

i tried to make an edit, but i think a lot of the sprite's shape comes from its anti-aliasing, and i wasn't sure if i would be able to eliminate that without making him look odd.

i suggest experimenting with removing the shine and anti-aliasing and seeing where you can go from there.

If you've still got that edit hanging around, I'd like to see it regardless. It's always easier to iron things out when provided with someone else's example; once you show your edits I can redo it myself so the shape looks correct and whatnot.

Alternatively...
Hopefully I don't sound like a prick when I mention this but... ah well.
Part of the reason why I didn't eliminate the AA is due to varying amounts of it on characters in the tutorial itself.
While Gors (character) has little to none, it's confusing to be told that my sprite has too much when I then see Jetters has AA all around her head (or even the characters in the "AA" section).

If you're insistent that I should cut down, however, I trust you. I don't typically sprite this simply, so I'm almost having to relearn a few things for this project...

At the least, should I assume that I'm working off of ver. B (previous post?)?

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Ridge Troopa - 09-13-2012, 01:06 AM