Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
I still don't understand what you're getting at. None of these designs look remotely close to a human. If arms and legs are the only things that define humanoid, then I think you are missing the point.
The current design you have now is impractical. The character needs some sort of structure so it isn't a cluster of forms floating around. I'm not saying you personally can't create a moveset for the current design, I'm saying that it wouldn't really work for this fighting game. If the character can levitate, why would he need to jump? (that's really the only reason I tried to add legs, to give it some grounding. I know the third design I made floats; TBH I didn't really think that one out. I wanted to show you how you could use the metal and jewels to better centralize the slime and make the character feel more "connected")
Ducking would also be somewhat difficult.
You can make the character telekinetic, but now it just currently seems "broken" The pieces almost seem like they have too much wiggle room, which could make for either a broken range, or a character who would feel out of place because his moveset is restricted to balance the game out.

Again, I don't mean to sound rude, but I think you are blowing things out of proportion. Take a deep breath, and read over the posts multiple times. Are you sure you are absorbing everything the user is saying? Are you sure you're understanding correctly? Don't take this as me belittling you; I sometimes confuse myself with what people are saying (I for some reason thought MJ was agreeing with Meta about my kick 1 being fine, when she was agreeing that it packed a little too much power for a regular kick).
All I'm saying is that getting angry at someone's advice is pointless. Either try to calmly explain why you don't agree with it, or ask questions. TSR's trying to be a more presentable, professional site (we got rid of Spamhaul, more mods, trying to lighten up). Present yourself as a, for lack of a better word, presentable user.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Baegal - 07-08-2012, 10:56 PM