Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Puggsoy's Video Game Sound Converter
OK, first of all sorry about the delay, I forgot about this and only remembered today.

I took a gander and there's a clear difference in the binary of working vs non-working. There is a pattern in the first couple of bytes that appears in both in working and non-working files, but working files have a huge chunk of emptiness after this pattern (which I assume to be the header). What comes after the emptiness (or lack thereof in non-working files) looks the same for both types of files though, with big chunks of emptiness appearing about halfway and at the end in both types (which I assume is to keep the file sizes uniform, because they are).

Anyway, what I can make of this is that for some reason, the files that don't work look like they're compressed somehow. I have no idea why or how though. Also, HotSnot's file looks way different than MJ's ones, with no "header pattern" or massive chunks of emptiness. It's either corrupt or compressed differently.

Beyond this, I'm afraid I can't help much. I'll enquire on the vgmstream forum though and see if they can help, just so you know I'll be supplying some of these files for them.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde, Phaze

Messages In This Thread
Puggsoy's Video Game Sound Converter - by puggsoy - 05-12-2012, 09:55 AM
RE: [APP][FINISHED] Puggsoy's Video Game Sound Converter - by puggsoy - 05-23-2013, 11:39 PM