Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's some of your favorite bands?
So I know we have a "What Are You Listening To?" thread, but I figured this was enough of a difference. Just a thread to talk about your favorite bands, and maybe some upcoming news or whatever you want to talk about in here regarding them.

I'll start it off with some of my favorite bands.

Kvelertak- They've only got one album out as of now and its self titled if you want to look it up, but they recently recieved a gold record from Dave Grohl on behalf of the Norwegian Government as they're record is spreading like wildfire over there and just starting to really bombard shores here.

Periphery- Djent Metal from Maryland, these guys are working on their second full length, and if you haven't heard their debut, I'd recommend it if you can appreciate multiple elements coming together to kick ass.

Dark Castle- Psychadelic Doom Metal from Florida, this duo put out the monumental with ferocity and style.

Death-last of my favorites for now, as I don't need to bore you all for endless hours, in my opinion, the best Death Metal band to ever be. Chuck Schuldiner changed the game with each consecutive album, and it's unfortunate he died so young from cancer, as I believe he'd still be throwing everyone for a loop and making everyone else look like beginners.

So everybody, who are some of your favorite bands?
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:

been listening to this band a LOT lately
Thanked by:
The Seatbelts

The Protomen

Pixies

What Pumpkin
Thanked by:
i would post videos too.. you know i could post videos..

but im gonna just make a list

1. bulldozer

theyre a thrash/black/speed band, at least generally considered all those

although theyre pretty much primarily thrash

they sing about raunchy stuff and evil shit yeah

1. paul chain

italian doom metal artist, sings in a phonetical language or whatever

frantic guitar style and just entirely awesome

1. venom

um its venom

1. motorhead

has been a favorite of mine for a long time, the original trio of phil lemmy and eddie was fantastic

1. procol harum

recently ive been really really REALLY into this band

so much more than just a whiter shade of pale

1. yes

progressive rock band of my LIFE

Thanked by:
Fair to Midland - They really only have two albums, even though they've released two others previously in the past (they weren't very good). Out of the two albums, I literally like every single song that they've made; they're incredible:

Pendulum - Some of their songs are literally awful to me, but others, I really like:

Seventh Wonder - They write epic songs. And I mean that literally:

Dream Theater - They also write epic songs:
Thanked by:
My taste in music is awfully varied.

I have been listening to an unhealthy amount of Mumford and Sons recently.

Them, and Fostering the People.

System of a Down has always been my shit, and Serj Tankian in his solo stuff is a very fond favorite of mine.

HORSE the Band is also incredibly kickass.

And Taken is one of those bands nobody has heard about and I am still not okay with this fact.

So yeah, my current top five favorites, heh.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
a lot of my favorite bands are standard 60s/70s acts; the who, the beatles, ccr, the doors, etc

i have a soft spot for 50s/60s style rock n roll/blues music

i guess if i had to pick a single favorite it'd be the who; i spent a long time obsessing over them, especially after listening to TOMMY in its entirety
Thanked by:
also Krallice is probably one of my top 5 favorite bands if not #1

Thanked by:
Barenaked Ladies, They Might Be Giants, The Divine Comedy... SOME of The Eels, The Pogues, and R.E.M.

My playlist on my computer is 11000+ though, and my taste is ridiculously varied. These are just sort my current listening of choice.

People should check out The Divine Comedy though. Try a few songs, since some are way different. They aren't a comedy band.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Opeth:

Massive Attack:

Squarepusher:
probably my favourite song right now

Basically anything Mike Patton:

I'm also listening to a lot of Marilyn Manson recently, but I hope that's just a phase.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:
RétroX: Which Fair to Midland albums are you talking about? I loved Fables from a Mayfly and inter.funda.stifle, but hated The Carbon Copy Silver Lining. I haven't listened to their new album. Wondering if it's worth a try.

I like mostly vocal-based music, fast or slow, soft or hard. Singers with unique voices are awesome.

Old Favorites

The Dear Hunter is my favorite band ever, hands-down. There's so much variety to their sound, and Casey Crescenzo is blessed with an absolutely amazing voice.

These guys are great. The vocals took some getting used to for me, but once I got past that I couldn't stop listening to mwY. (BONUS - they're a Christian band who doesn't preach, and the lead singer is autistic)

Yeah, I like Coheed and Cambria. Deal with it. (Their new stuff is pretty bad in comparison to their first 3 albums, though there are some gems on No World for Tomorrow.)

One of the first bands I really got into. Still love them, though my taste has evolved from being obsessed with Mr. Jones and Angels of the Silences to loving pretty much everything on Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings.

What can I say... I love The Decemberists. The only problem is a lot of their more popular songs are bad (I have trouble listening to The Mariner's Revenge Song without getting bored, and don't get me started on Oh Valencia). Personally my favorite song by them is The Tain.

New Favorites

If the name sounds familiar, Mega64 actually did a music video for these guys. Sadly it was for their worst, most "emo"-sounding song and people didn't like it. Personally I love their sound and can't wait for a full album.

I bought The Five Ghosts and thought it was catchy, if a bit mediocre. Then I downloaded Set Yourself on Fire and fell in love with most of the songs on it. I love duets...

I don't care if you hate Homestuck, you have to listen to this album. M.G. Bowman is amazing.

That's it for now. If I make any new discoveries I'll make sure to tell you guys.

Thanked by:
I dunno. I enjoy The Beatles, Queen and Melody Club a lot.
Thanked by:

I love this band so much.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires is my favorite song by them. I also really enjoy "To Drown" and "Into the Painted Gray" from that album.

I also always read Ghost of the Midwinter Fires as "Ghost of the Midwinter Fries"
Thanked by:
I know Opeth has already been mentioned but they are definitely in my top five bands, and they just came out with a new album which is really awesome. Comes out in like 3 days.

Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by: