Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sonic Eclipse
Question 
Sonic Eclipse is my concept of a Sonic game. I thought up on it back last October, and started it in November- Sonic Unleashed's mere existance insprired me. I KNOW Sonic sucks, but, well, I... feel I can do it RIGHT. For some strange reason.

Anyways, here's the current features and the Hoped-for features.

Current Features-

-Fast paced Sonic stages filled with twists and turns that will keep your attention
-Lightdash for speed paths
-Enemies that look in your direction with unique designs- Except, well, the ones inspired by the Buzzbomber and the Egg Pawn. But I modified the Egg Pawn's design. Yeh.
-Spring paths for excitement and adrelin withn levels

Hopeful Features-

-Traditional based act beginnings
-'Town' stages
-Slow platforming Omega stages filled with puzzles and fights
-Slow, chunky bosses and Pseudo-3D bosses
-End level intermission scenes
-Cutscenes filled with wonderful plot developments
-A password-based level select
-An ominous title screen
-Emerl/Emerald Suit for use in space when not Super

Plot-

Two years ago

Rotor twiddled with his tie. He was a flicky. It was hard to find a place for a wedding, especially now that the trucks with teeth were eating their homes. Annie, being the (beautiful in his eyes) smart one, had found the only place trucks with teeth would not touch.
Inside the cabin of one.
It took Rotor a lot of persuading to see if it was truly empty and that these trucks with teeth were not cannibals. He was still weary. During the middle of the sermon, however, a robot poked it's head through the window. A strange symbol was emblazoned on it's side. Rotor knew enough human words to see that it was an Egg Man. It stood to reason, it was on a label. It was obviously egg shaped. But the question was, what type of man was it?
It was a cruel one.
It grabbed him. Put him inside a hexagonal shaped cylander. Slowly, a gas filled him with blankness, put sorrow out of his eyes, and put him to sleep...

Now

Sonic the hedgehog was used to destroying beasts twelve times his size. He was used to knocking robots around with the palm of his hand. He was even used to Amy of all things.
But he had no experience in a situation like this.
In front of him, a crater. Where E-123 Omega had been ejected after assaulting Dr Robotnik. But Omega was still active. He was damaged badly, though. And instead of talking in monotone, he talked in an unsure voice, a voice that sounded like it was coming from a speakerphone.
He didn't know who he was.
Well, that's what Sonic thought at first glance. But he then stated 'Who're you? Where's Annie?' And he then knew he was staring at the last survior of the great kidnap of 1981.
If robots could show emotions, this one would be crying. He- if you could call it a he- was so confused. It took five minutes of talking to calm him.

Sonic eventually rebefriended Omega- or Rotor, as he liked to call himself (for some strange reason). But at least he had gotten used to his new name. He wanted to go after the Egg Man as he called it. Destroy it.

A month ago

Dr Robotnik- Or Eggman, as Sonic called him- picked up his Bacon Sandwich and took a bite. It had taken him a year or so, but he had almost completed the first stage of his plan.
Build a cannon mounted on- and powered by the Sun.
It would threaten Earth to surrender an island, where he could build Eggmanland in peace.
Why? He had realised total world conquest is impossible. So he just wanted a bit of it.
Eggmanland- His palace!
He laughed a triumphant laugh. On his left was the cyrogenically frozen body of Shadow the Hedgehog. He had taken him, for experiments.
On his right, G-mel. He had taken it too. It was the same experiment. He simply needed gizoid.exe.
To control his next creation...

Images-

Sonic jumps over an Egg Pawn
Sonic recovers from lost rings
At the beginning of the act
Sonic blasts through a badnik and up a loopdeloop

Demos-

Unforunetly, Sonic Eclipse does not have any demos yet. But keep waiting, we might have a Grassy Cliff zone demo soon!

What can I do to help if I want to?-

Well, just support this game! If anyone wants to help with some sprites and stuff, please ask. I need a bit of help with my Metal Sonic sprites mainly. This is what you need if you want to help.

Well...-

What do you think?

Thanks for reading,
~Tapika
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Sonic Eclipse - by Tapika - 02-02-2009, 04:54 AM
RE: Sonic Eclipse - by ChaosBlazeX - 02-02-2009, 05:16 AM
RE: Sonic Eclipse - by Tapika - 02-02-2009, 06:01 AM
RE: Sonic Eclipse - by Vipershark - 02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
RE: Sonic Eclipse - by Tapika - 02-03-2009, 03:15 AM
RE: Sonic Eclipse - by Vipershark - 02-03-2009, 03:38 PM