Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[TUTORIAL] Metroid Prime Remastered Ripping
Hello everyone,
I am discussing ripping Metroid Prime Remastered models and textures in this thread. 

I have extracted the ROMFS of the game, which contains all of the models used in the game. The models are stored in several .pak files. The .pak files can be unpacked using this tool: retrotool link

To use retrotool to unpack .pak files (on Windows), follow these steps:
  • Open the command prompt (cmd)
  • Change the directory to the retrotool-main/target/debug folder using the cd command (e.g. cd "C:/Users/[You]/Downloads/retrotool-main/target/debug")
  • Copy and paste this into the cmd: retrotool pak extract [Insert the file path to your chosen .pak file] [Insert the directory that you want the extracted files to be saved to]

You have now extracted the chosen .pak file! I have extracted the .pak file for the Shadow Pirate here: Shadow Pirate Link

There are several file types you'll find that store the models and materials.
The model and several materials are stored in the .CMDL file (CMDL File Info link).
If anyone knows how to convert these into usable files such as .png and .fbx files, post on this thread.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[TUTORIAL] Metroid Prime Remastered Ripping - by JMichael1980 - 05-04-2023, 11:20 AM