Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
What Systems Did You Own? Most Played Games?
(07-30-2016, 07:40 AM)Goemar Wrote: Wait did I just read that someone is reselling games in order to buy a NES? What? Go to a car boot sale or something. I got my first NES years ago for like £10 and my second for £15. What the hell are they charging for a NES over there?

Since we've got a boner for anything retro in the States (and also since Gamestop, a corporation, doesn't sell them this dictating the market) small, independent, mom & pop hobby shops will fix up ones they find in yard sales and sell them from anywhere between $70~$100. The toploader model is harder to find, and so most places sell it for $120~$150.

Also no thanks to shows like Storage Wars who've convinced hoarders that their beat up, old junk is worth just as much, listings on auction/classified ad sites like eBay or Craigslist are unfortunately not much better.

Most "good" sellers here are on local Facebook groups, but good luck if you're not contending with some guy trying to flip them for a profit as well :/

if you're referring to me though, I sell duplicate games I own or systems that I mess up on repairs to a local shop, since they actually pay decent trade-in store credit prices. So like I'm not that mad.

What I AM mad about is that there's a GOOD and a BAD local hobby shop.
The GOOD hobby shop offers decent trade-in credit, gets in great items, and my friends work there. It's the one I mentioned before. I'm actually considering working there in the fall as a console repair technician.
The BAD local hobby shop is run by the delusional crustpunk son from a really nice family. His mother drives him all over the place and he picks literally everything good from all the local yard sales and flea markets. :/ I can't stand the guy and it's like you can physically see himself letting go of his life.
The good (bad?) news is that they barely sell any product in their shop due to the progressively bad service and high prices, so hopefully they close up soon and let me buy an NES from a yard sale again.

[Said crustpunk guy started out as a good kid when his dad set up the store 4 years ago, and ran a real tight ship. Over time, since the store is named after the SON, he [the son] felt necessary to start telling the family what to do. Over time he actually FIRED HIS FAMILY, and his idea of customer service is inviting a friend into the shop and playing Smash until you have a question, which he looks slightly annoyed over because he desperately wants to get back to beating his friend in Smash]
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Systems Did You Own? Most Played Games? - by Kosheh - 07-30-2016, 03:55 PM