Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to do 80's Chrome logo in Gimp?
(05-11-2016, 12:13 AM)Neon Streak Wrote: Heh. Funny that you mention Paint.NET because I use it too, mainly for touching up Garry's Mod screenshots or coloring my drawings. Wink

But I'm glad to see we're both in the same boat on trying to make an 80's logo.

lol

I use it due to my roots in mspaint.

I do technically have PS CS3 , but i use it mainly as a converter of .psd files

I grabbed gimp with the insane idea I'd learn how to use it, and so far touched it maybe once. I found the UI so cluttered, and the resource usage just insanely high.

Oh, I should have been more specific...
I meant with creating certain visual effects or textures, though.
Although, metallic styles are one I'd like to get a feel for.
Currently, my process for metallic textures is basically just a linear gradient.
Hmm, I think I should screw with some of those resources I've got, I feel inspired to do...SOMETHING!

(05-11-2016, 01:16 AM)psychospacecow Wrote: Played with some fonts a bit. It looks like a gradient with a few pinned colors and an aggressive bevel. I couldn't quite recreate the bevel because I was just using a normal font instead of one of those thick shapes, but it shouldn't be too hard to do if your image is large enough. If you can't do a proper bevel, try and put an outside stroke with the same gradient and an exclusion blend mode.The lights part seems like it could be tricky though.

NICE!
I'll just say you nailed it, cuz, you've captured the main style Neon seems to be going for there, like perfectly!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to do 80's Chrome logo in Gimp? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 05-11-2016, 02:16 AM