Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair data file info
Okeydoke, here you go. It's command-line but fairly easy to use:

Code:
Usage: cashdconv palFile imgFile [outDir]
   palFile: The .col file containing palettes you want to use.
   imgFile: The .csr file you want to convert. Can alternatively be a folder multiple .csr files
   outDir: The folder to save the converted files to. If ommitted will create a subfolder called 'converted'

You give it a single .col file, a .csr file or a folder containing the .csrs you want to convert, and an output folder (or not). The output folder doesn't have to exist.

However, as I mentioned before, there's no way to know which of the palettes in a .col work with the .csr, so it has to go through and make an image for every single palette. I did manage to make it skip empty palettes, so with some .col files there are only 4 palettes (like c_axe_pl.col), which isn't a big deal. However, files like c_tpm.col have 253 non-empty palettes. That's the maximum amount (256) minus 3. This palette file corresponds to all the .csrs in the tpm folder except for f_wp75.csr. That's 27 files. So each of these is converted using 253 different palettes. 27 * 253 = 6,831 files total, which takes a while to convert. Not hours, but those 27 files took a solid 10 minutes for me. My computer isn't that great but regardless, you'll probably want to do something else while you wait.

Anyway, within the output folder will be subfolders for each .csr. Each of these will have within it .pngs of the .csr with every palette. They'll have the name of the .csr + "_pal" + the palette number, e.g. f_tpm00_pal0.png, f_tpm00_pal1.png, and so on. You can probably see pretty easily any nonsense palettes and remove those to leave you with the ones you want.

By the way, if I happened to have somehow screwed some of the colours up just tell me. I'm pretty sure I got it right but I don't know exactly what the colours are supposed to look like so I might have done something a bit wrong. And of course tell me if anything else goes wrong.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair data file info - by puggsoy - 04-13-2015, 07:40 AM