Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style
Neutral 
Link's Awakening Map Remake

(Minish Awakening?)

This is a project to remake the whole map of link's awakening using the GBA game Zelda: The Minish Cap graphics

28/03/16
Progress Update: I decided to upload some of the progress from a few weeks ago the most notable one being an updated version of the South of the Village, there will be a few more updates to keep adding some updated areas.
Tomorrow i'll be uploading another two updated areas: Pothole Maze and Signpost Maze.

Here's the updated South of the Village Credits to Onyligtho for the new sprites for the dungeon entrance.
[Image: BANXrhr.png]

14/03/16
Progress Update: I am happy to announce that today i was shown a tail cave map done in a very clever way along with the ingame map of the dungeon as well as the entrance. These things are very important as i am working on adding new sprites and tiles for the dungeon entrances.

I want to use this oportunity to add new detail to the areas using the fields tileset wich is pretty much the one present in almost half of the current areas done.

On other part Gogoponga swamp's layout is completely done and half of the detailing is also finished i expect to update it along with the new detailing coming for the existing areas.

12/03/16
Progress Update: While im still working on Gogoponga Swamp butin the meantime here's the whole area for Toronbo Shores
[Image: 7nqYORs.png]
Gogoponga Swamp will be uploaded as soon as i finish it as it's still got quite a few things i want to fix and adjust along with the updated full map and the swamp

10/03/16
Progress Update: After another month of not doing anything i came back to try yet again to work on a new are, i've been following Spriting Brad's try at remaking ALttP's Map and it is certainly looking awesome after looking at it for a few weeks and several tries at making a tileset for the new area i just decided to use some of the palettes that he's using and drawing some inspiration of what he does to work on the new area.

I must thank spriting brad for all the amazing sprites he's been sharing with the community of ZFGC as he has been the one helping people out with various sprites requests and also i want to thank ZFGC for their palm tree sprite.
I will show the sprites that i'm talking about around next week when i bring a new update.

Another thing that i want to work on soon is actually animating a few sprites on the map and put them here as GIFs

That's it for today as i must get to work for a few hours more on modifying the beach tileset i'll be using and a few other tiles.

Progress Update 2: It's 1 am and i managed to squeeze in the last 4 hours the entire new area four new screens for the swamp tomorrow i'll be adding the finishing details for the swamp and it will be uploaded along with the new area 

12/02/16
Progress Update: I'm continuing the work on Gogoponga Swamp now on the actual swampy side for the past two days i've been ripping tiles and modifying the ones i needed to get a tileset big enough to get some work done on the area here's a piece of what Gogoponga Swamp will look like soon enough once i'm done working on the layout of the entire area.
[Image: KVJDnMU.png]

Also i'll come back to work on the animation this weekend after i'm done with the swamp.
[Image: 5fXlfm1.png]
For now it covers up to link receiving the shield but now i have to add the new marin in along with her animations when talking and get link to walk out of the door.

Progress
Overworld: 54.68%-140/256
Interiors: 88.9%-8/9

Overworld:
Houses:
Mini-Dungeons:
Dungeons: (currently no plans to bring the sidescrolling tiles)
General: any screen that might repeat itself over many places

Full Map View

New Koholit v1.8.0
Changelog:
+Added a whole new area: Animal Village
+Added a whole new area: The East of the Bay
+Added 4 new screens for Gogoponga Swamp
+Started to work on Kanalet Castle
*Reworked the detail on the Mysterious Woods
+Added extra detailing to the mysterious Woods
+Added missing grass patches
*Changed the building for the library on Mabe Village
*Minor layout Changes
*Minor spriting fixes
+Added Missing sprites

Individual Area Images

Houses 

Any house where an NPC lives or just any house the player can enter

Menus

Coming Soon:

Older Versions
Credits:
Original Map Images from: Zelda Wiki
Custom Item Sprites by: Miles07
Custom Telephone Booth Sprite by: aconfusedturtle
Custom Marin Sprites by: TinSil (DeviantArt page not found)
Custom Bow Wow Sprites by: SpritingBrad
Custom Trunk Entrance Tiles by: SpritingBrad
Custom Desert Tileset by: SpritingBrad
Custom Palm Tree Sprites found at: ZFGC
Custom Tail Cave Sprites by: Onyligtho

Any comments are appreciated even if it's just to say hi it keeps me motivated

Messages In This Thread
Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 04-06-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ton - 04-06-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 04-06-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by recme - 04-06-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Link's Awakening: Minish Cap Style - by Ailos - 04-06-2015, 06:57 PM