Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Top Ten of the Week #8 - Does this battle make my butt look fat?
I'm not gonna do ten because I'm afraid it would just be all the Mario rpgs...

#1 Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door
Possibly my favorite game of all time, everything in this game is literally perfect from the battle system to the humor. I love the style and the music and all the characters dsfhsdjhfdsfjgsdjfgh Heart Heart Heart

#2 Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
This game is just plain amazing, I'm not sure if I prefer this battle system or the above's! The fact you can dodge any attack in this game as well as counter based on the enemy's tell is just great! Not to mention all the fun Bowser stuff that adds an extra dimension of play over the previous titles in the Mario & Luigi series

#3 Yoshi's Island
What can I say it's a classic! It's very impressive for a SNES game that's for sure, the crayon style and great music really stuck with me. I liked the boss fights a lot...

#4 Diddy Kong Racing
It's kind of funny to think of this as a Mario game but I mean hey it's Diddy Kong...? The adventure mode and item system was absolutely great, I much prefer this to actual Mario Kart. It was actually really challenging, the boss races really had me sweating and I had an absolute blast with em!!

#5 Luigi's Mansion (Pal)
This game is so creative, ghost busting with Luigi? That's quite a strange choice for a launch title but I absolutely loved this growing up. The atmosphere of this game is just great and the system of grabbing all the dough you can and getting rewarded for the way you catch ghosts is just great Heart You have to search every nook and cranny to find everything, and there's definitely plenty to find! All the hidden cheese and speedy spirits add extra challenge and fun! The only downside is in the NTSC versions (North America & Japan) the hidden mansion is hardly different at all... you just take twice as much damage when hit and then the game still isn't very hard.

That's why I give the award to the Pal version, Miyamoto heard all the complaints and fixed all this when he did the Pal release! The Pal hidden mansion is more like "Luigi's Mansion: Master Quest" everything is mirrored and mixed up as well as making the bosses and standard ghosts more difficult... plus there's more money to collect!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by MrYoshbert - 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Kriven - 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week - by Goemar - 01-19-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Gwen - 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Koh - 02-01-2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Joxon - 02-01-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #3 - Pokemon! - by Helmo - 02-03-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: Top Ten of the Week #6 - The Plumbing God - by Helmo - 02-24-2015, 05:34 PM