Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI iOS image format
The good news is that the graphics data is there, and it's as 32-bit ABGR. This means no fancy-schmancy compression or pixel format to deal with. For example I've managed to get the pause button sprites using TextureFinder:

The not-so-great news is that all the additional data isn't that easy to understand. If I look in the files I can find the widths and heights and I know the graphics come directly after that, and I mean that makes it fairly easy to manually extract these images. The thing is, it'd be way more convenient to automate this. To do that I have to, at the very least, figure out a way to locate the widths and heights programmatically.

So I'll see if that's possible, then I can maybe create something to extract these images quickly and cleanly. This is looks good though, I've seen much more ugly and indecipherable formats.

EDIT: OK, I've figured it out. That is, I know how to locate the dimensions (I still don't understand most of the data). It's a bit late now but I'll try whack something together tomorrow to extract images from these files.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Oscar92player

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI iOS image format - by puggsoy - 07-15-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI iOS image format - by Dazz - 07-18-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI iOS image format - by Koh - 07-20-2014, 03:32 PM