Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need sounds from Paper Mario 2!
(01-21-2014, 05:27 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: goddamn

well, there's the REL folder containing REL files, which have strings like "FX_VOICE_MARIO_FIND1_2" "BGM_FF_MAIL_RECEPTION3" "SFX_MAIL_RECEPTION1 "SFX_MARIO_LANDING3"
maybe they're the REL files

Actually, hold that thought.
on sound/proj, you find "pmario.samp". A quick analysis proves that all of the sample data is in this file, just as one giant bunch of data.
on sound/proj, you also find "pmario_sound_sfx_txt.db". LOOKS FISHY

the file contains long plaintext definitions like this:
Code:
{
SFX_CURSOR_MOVE1
PSND_ID_SFX|SFXSE5_SYS_CURSOR_MOVE1

}

maybe those define where to load the sample, at what sample rate and how many bytes? or something?

... Makes sense I suppose...?

I mean I figured the sounds were in pmario.samp after seeing how HUEG it was. I just can't find anything on gettin' in dat thing. Google searches ain't exactly helping me, either, all discussions I've come across either ignore the .samp file after discovering the music elsewhere, are so old that there just HASN'T been progress, or just confusion at what .samp is.

Again, though, most of those discussions are really old - maybe some progress has been made in some dark corner of the Internet I can't find, buuuuuuuut that's starting to look unlikely.
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Need sounds from Paper Mario 2! - by Zero Kirby - 01-20-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: Need sounds from Paper Mario 2! - by Zero Kirby - 01-22-2014, 02:11 AM