Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Philosophy Of Sprite Creation
**Note to any who may take any offense to this title, I am only proposing my own ideas, and am under no circumstance saying this is in any way factual. This is my view.**

I started spriting in....2004, '05? I'm not quite sure, but I've gone from naïve kid to a neutral, yet confused teen. I started spriting after reading Bob and George. Simple, elegent, and then I created things which would make most spriters die from laughter. The norm. Y'know?

Well, after a few years, I've found to create things for people I like, or for some personal reason. I want to show the world how I think.

**WARNING: EXTREME PHILOSIPHISING BELOW.ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK**

After just a short metaphorical stroll through the site fourms, I've seen the critics. No offense to these people, but I believe that each style, each pixel layered onto another, expresses a different layer of a man's mind. Spriting, usually, is just a way to express that just because something is impossible, it dosen't mean we can't believe in it! Impossibly innocent chibis, absurd acts of pure willpower, it's just the belief that the impossible is, relatively, a matter of mind.
Think about it- Link, able to overcome an evil lord with only a couple of creepily identicalold men, one old woman, and a one-sentence merchant! Sonic - When was the last time you saw someone bleed? They went super-saiyan after that, and restored peace!
But, undeniably, there is always a darker side - Remember all those goombas you stomped? The same ones you could talk to and befriend?

Here's to you, critics- We bare our souls, and you respect that. Looks too much like something from the Gameboy Camera? I've been trying to make something look like that for weeks! There's no right, no wrong, just souls. Torment, Joy, Happiness, damn, even lust. It's not that we aren't doing it right, we're just finding new ways to do it. Recolors...well, even those have a color which came from hundreds of possibilities, right? So, in final, don't discount anythin' as no quality. If the final looks nothing like the original, it's lost it's purpose.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Philosophy Of Sprite Creation - by SeFoNo - 06-02-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: Philosophy Of Sprite Creation - by Gors - 06-02-2013, 11:34 PM
RE: Philosophy Of Sprite Creation - by Koopaul - 06-03-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: Philosophy Of Sprite Creation - by BobbyLala - 06-03-2013, 03:06 AM