Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Songs of Disney
Whether you like Disney or not, you gotta admit that Disney was know for at least two things (I know they're know for more than two, but I didn't want to list them all.) prior to becoming a corporate giant that no longer cares about 2-D animation and likes its teen pop-stars. That would be its animation and music.

If there are any songs that just stick to you and you love (even if it's that Small World song), please tell me about it in this thread. By the way, this is a thread to encourage and admire the songs of Disney, so please don't go overboard on any new Disney hate. I think there's a thread for that somewhere on this forum, so please express it there if you can.

Also, I know what you might be thinking, so let me just throw it out there to narrow down the options. No, you may not bring up songs from any Pixar film nor the Nightmare Before Christmas. For Pixar's case, it wasn't exactly Disney to begin with. Also, you might like those films better than any 2-D Disney film, so I decided to remove them off the table to focus more on the actual Disney films.

As for Nightmare's case, it's generally understood that almost everyone on here loves that film. Therefore, the natural response is to chose a song or two from it. As much as I like that film as much as the next guy, I want to give the other Disney films a fair shot. Besides, given the choice between films featuring princesses who want to find love and a film about a skeleton who takes over Christmas out of innocent interest and a desire to try it for himself, the choice is too obvious for me to even say.

Now then, with those restrictions in place, I would say that I like Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee, Once Upon a Dream, Everybody's got a Laughing Place, the song Merlin sings to pack his bag, Whistle Stop, Never Had a Friend Like Me from Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, Song of the South, the Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, and Aladdin respectively are my favorite tunes.

Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee is a cheery melody that can easily get stuck in your head. It tells of all the great things you get to do when you're famous. Of course, the brilliant irony comes from the fact that it is a song used to trick a certain wooden boy into being sold to an angry, overweight gypsy.

Once Upon a Dream is a lovely song, too. It takes the melody from the Sleeping Beauty waltz and turns it into a peaceful song. The vocals of Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip are to die for, too!

Everybody's got a Laughing Place has the type of jolly tune that makes it seem like even the melody is laughing. I heard that music can sooth the savage beast, but if it can also trick a dumb bear into freeing a crafty rabbit, I should try using music more often to solve my troubles. In fact, I'm up to looking for my own laughing place, too.

I don't remember the title of this song, but the song Merlin sings to pack his belonging into a rather small bag with magic often comes out of my mouth. The two interruptions in the song make it all the more hilarious.

Whistle Stop is arguably the most calm song on my list. I know that Once Upon a Dream is pretty peaceful, but this song is very mellow and a good country song. I realize that the deep south and medieval England should not really mix, but if it gives us the opportunity to listen to this nice song, then who's complaining? By the way, before you bring it up, I know about the meme that was created from this song. Please don't bring it up.

As for Never Had a Friend Like Me, this brilliant song is funny and catchy! It has that old swing feel that I love in songs, while there's a genie who is explain what he can do as he sings the song. Well done, Robin Williams!

Anyway, that's my opinion on which Disney songs I like. How about you?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Songs of Disney - by E-Man - 05-28-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Songs of Disney - by Sengir - 05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Songs of Disney - by E-Man - 05-29-2013, 07:50 AM
RE: Songs of Disney - by Ton - 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: Songs of Disney - by E-Man - 05-29-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: Songs of Disney - by Ton - 05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: Songs of Disney - by E-Man - 05-29-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: Songs of Disney - by DioShiba - 05-31-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: Songs of Disney - by Dazz - 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM
RE: Songs of Disney - by E-Man - 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM