Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Roencia Indie Graphics Builder
(06-27-2012, 10:27 AM)Roencia Wrote: $79.
(06-27-2012, 10:27 AM)Roencia Wrote: [Image: sample8.jpg]
what

so your plan is to make indie devs with /low budgets\ invest the amazingly low amount of $79 on a databank of 5k unrelated images to their concept of the game they are developing. even if you aimed to sell this to /emerging indie dev studios who could afford to have a budget that would allow them to invest $79 on a bank of images/, who on its sane mind would choose to buy a pack of aesthetically unapealing images as placeholders when they are suposed to have a proper artist on their group. or even, be able to hire one (if they're going for more than a mario fangame, of course)

lets take a look at the desing of the ships in the sample image you provided: its basically an edit of an edit of an edit of an edit taken from a pool of shapes glued together arranged in a way so they would share some sort of diference. inthe very sample image there are at least three or four ships where you didn't even "try".

and you're suposed to get what, a hundred of those? and that is suposed to be a deal? wouldn't it make it much more efficient(for both you and the client) if you relased said pool of props and a proper editor for someone who would rather prefer to create graphics according to their game desing and not viceversa? kinda like how softwares like Fraxy works. and fraxy is a freeware (go figures).

i can foresee this being "your baby" and you being overly protective with it(somehow i believe you think this could make you rich, or grant you an stable income somehow)(somehow(?)) but you seem to have taken an utterly wrong way to develop this. rather than trying to jam a huge amount of generic tiles, sprites and props for a literally absurd price and force any customer to use the same, exact graphics into their games ala gamemaker/rpgmaker, you could had worked towards creating a platform that would allow people to generate content for their games easily(something way more appealing for someone who could lack artistic skills or budget to hire an artist). mean put yourself in the place of what your target customers can afford and need. and i havent even mentioned how a bank of 5k images is bound to suffer a lack of revenue eventually, unless you can guarantee your customer than you will update said bank with more images -futher decreasing the value of your 30mins of work-.

i mean, you do seem to have the ability to create the graphics, you'd earn way more if you actually devoted yourself to take requests from game devs instead and took that as your job. as a freelancer.

otherwise there is only one thing that comes to my mind right now that tried to follow this formula.

Messages In This Thread
Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by Roencia - 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM
RE: Indie Graphics Builder (create unique sprites) - by Cobalt Blue - 07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by triptych - 06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by DioShiba - 06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by DioShiba - 06-27-2012, 09:22 PM
RE: Roencia Indie Graphics Builder - by Afr0Blu3 - 07-01-2012, 06:37 AM