Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread
while I understand that you did your best, I knew that this was going to happen sooner or later.

Being frank, I regret creating this project in a way. Not because it sucked or that I disliked the idea. The idea was good, and people actually took their time to create their assets. I like that and I hope to see more coming from you all in order to finish this project.

But what really gets me is the fact that this did not have any visible change in the last 3 years since i created this thread. I see this project as my child, it's a creation i really took time to craft, see all the assets, the music I composed, the gameplay elements. I do blame a little of this on myself because I never wrote a design doc down to organize, and that I didn't chat much with robo9 to iron out the game.

I don't want to blame anyone or call out names because everyone has a life and I understand that. It would be selfish of me to demand progress of the game all the time, and I respect your time. However years of nothing is humiliating, disappointing and frustrating at once, because I'm seeing my project be liked by everyone, getting activity and new assets from people who joined here and yet, see it stagnated, without any visible change other from mockups I could make with ms paint in 5 or 10 minutes.

This project has no structure whatsoever due to the long time stuck in dev hell, and this is my fault, and I am willing to correct it. Again, thanks for trying, Robo9, but I'm still really sour at all this. Whoever is going to takeup the coding on this, please contact me, and I'll gladly try to put tFR on the track. Just promise me you'll work on it, just promise me you'll support me on this project, that I'll see what I can do (other than the sheets, assets and music that I had already produced all in 2011).

As a hobbyist designer, I don't really expect to get into serious game projects anytime soon (especially when it involves tSR people). Making games is my past time, much like how many of you enjoy yourselves playing games or reading. My way of having fun is creating. I get really happy when my game idea is picked up by someone because this means he/she is interested on my idea, that my idea means something. This is the motivational boost I depend on to produce things.

I don't even want good programmers. I just want a programmer that is passionate about what he/she does, and that is capable to support me constantly through the whole work. Making a game is not simply me pitching sprites and idea, then hoping for someone to grab it and code it. There needs to be talk, we need to walk together. If you want to create a game without ever doing this step, then I think this won't work.

It's just because many of my ideas were so left out for a long time, that I don't really feel like creating anymore. There comes a time where you get tired of pitching balls that are never hit. So if you're really considering programming this, please consider that I've been put on hold for the longest time, too.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Tellis - 06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RE: i noticed, Crappy, i noticed - by Baegal - 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - by Gors - 04-24-2014, 10:39 PM